IMPROVED VISIBILITY FOR SCHOOL BUSES DURING ADVERSE WEATHER. SUMMARY REPORT
The objectives of the program were to: (1) Develop performance requirements for school bus defogging equipment, (2) develop test procedures to determine whether or not the defogging system of any specific school bus meets the performance requirements, (3) select a range of school buses which are representative of the school bus population, (4) develop a methodology for repeatably documenting cleared glazing areas, and (5) verify that the performance requirements and test procedures are realistic through verification testing of the school buses.
- See also Volume 2, PB-288480. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E11, PB-288 478-SET.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Heisler, M
- Davis, S
- Pakula, J P
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Defoggers; Drying; Fog; Performance tests; School buses; Specifications; Tests; Visibility; Weather; Windshields
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190481
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-603 Final Rpt., 8305-78-104
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01398
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM