COST EFFECTIVENESS STUDY OF WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR SELECTED U.S. COAST GUARD VESSELS. VOLUME III. INSTALLATION ANALYSIS. PART 1 - GALLATIN (378')
Each of the 18 candidate Wastewater Management System (WMS) configurations developed in Volume IV was analyzed for installation aboard the GALLATIN (WHEC - 721). The following information was developed: vessel conditions including locations of black water (sewage and garbage grinder slurry) and gray water (galley and turbid) waste sources, vessel/resources capacities and estimated usage rates, determination of viable candidate systems based on installation guidelines and assumptions developed in Volume IV, black and gray wastewater (or sludge) holding tank capacities which can be fitted, installation cost estimates for each viable candidate system, arrangement drawings for WMS equipment and waste sources, installation related effectiveness attribute data. The analysis was performed in three stages. A preliminiary installation analysis was made on the basis of vessel plans available. This was followed by a shipcheck of the vessel to determine the viable candidate systems and obtain required vessel data. The final step consisted of a more detailed analysis of each viable candidate system to develop installation cost estimates and other required installation related information including arrangement drawings and effectiveness attribute data. Cost estimates were developed using a form which analyzes each viable candidate system in terms of standard installation cost elements, each of which has an assumed unit cost. (Author)
- see also Volume 3, Part 2, AD-A061170.
Bradford National Corporation1700 Broadway
New York, NY United States 10019
- Orbach, S
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 138 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Government vessels; Health; Installation; Performance; Sewage disposal; Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Sewerage structures; Ships; Toilet facilities; Waste disposal; Wastes; Wastewater
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard; United States Coast Guard ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sanitation; Shipboard
- Old TRIS Terms: Performance engineering; Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage disposal; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190470
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-75-77 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-52180-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM