TOWER CAB SYSTEM INTEGRATION ANALYSIS. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report summarizes the principal results of the study of the integration into the tower cab of the systems being developed under the Major Systems Development Program (MSDP). The impact of these systems on the tower cab is analyzed from several points of view: (1) The physical integration of the equipment in the tower cab and on the airport surface; (2) The effect of the introduction of the new systems on the operations in the tower cab; (3) Human factors aspects of the integration; (4) Interface between the new systems and between the new and existing system, and (5) Failure modes in the cab after the new systems have been introduced.
- See also Rept. nos. TSC-FAA-77-19, AD-A048 306, TSC-FAA-78-2, AD-A054 608 and TSC-FAA-78-6, AD-A059 006.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Clapp, D F
- Hobbs, V J
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Air route traffic control centers; Airport control towers; Data collection; Data processing; Human factors engineering; Information display systems; Interfaces; Operations; Towers
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00190468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TSC-FAA-78-14 Final Rpt., FAA-EM-78-13
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM