COST EFFECTIVENESS STUDY OF WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR SELECTED U.S. COAST GUARD VESSELS. VOLUME V. CHARACTERISTICS AND COST ESTIMATES OF SELECTED MARINE SANITARY DEVICES
A full characterization is presented of five Marine Sanitary Devices (MSDs) which were hybridized to form the subsystems of 18 candidate Wastewater Management System (WMS) concepts considered in this study. The five MSDs considered are: Jered Sewage Disposal System, GATX Evaporative Toilet System, Chrysler 'Aquaor-Sans' Recirculating Oil System, Grumman Flow Through System, and a Collection, Holding, Transfer (CHT) System. All of the generic MSD data required for the development of the 18 candidate WMS configurations as a function of vessel, the effectiveness assessment of each viable candidate system/vessel combination, and the development of life-cycle cost estimates for each viable candidate system/vessel combination have been developed. All MSD data are presented on an MSD subsystem level (and within subsystem by different available model type or equipment capacity), corresponding to the manner in which the MSDs were hybridized to form the candidate WMS configurations. The MSD data presented include the following: system description and physical characteristics; MSD related effectiveness attribute data which include the following characteristics: Adaptability for Shipboard Installation, Performance, Operability, Personnel, Safety, Habitability, Reliability, and Maintainability; acquisition costs, operating/maintenance characteristics and cost estimates including the following: operation, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and overhaul. (Author)
- See also Volume 6, AD-A060991.
Bradford National Corporation1700 Broadway
New York, NY USA 10019
- Orbach, S
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 299 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Cost effectiveness; Cost estimating; Government vessels; Health; Life cycle costing; Maintenance; Operations; Performance; Pollution control; Sanitary engineering; Sewage collection; Sewage disposal; Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Ships; Toilet facilities; Waste disposal; Wastes; Wastewater
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard; United States Coast Guard ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pollution abatement; Waste treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational effectiveness; Performance engineering; Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage disposal; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-CG-D-77-77-VOL5Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-52180-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM