COST EFFECTIVENESS STUDY OF WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR SELECTED U.S. COAST GUARD VESSELS. VOLUME II. EFFECTIVENESS ASSESSMENT OF CANDIDATE SYSTEMS
A generalized and systematic effectiveness assessment methodology, including a computer program for quantifying the effectiveness of candidate system vessel combinations was developed. The methodology is described and guidelines for its use are presented. The results of applying this effectiveness assessment methodology to the 18 Wastewater Management System (WMS) concepts in configurations suitable for each of the six vessels included in this study are presented. The effectiveness model used is based on the following seven measures of effectiveness: Adaptability for Shipboard Installation, Performance, Operability, Personnel Safety, Habitability, Reliability, and Maintainability. Each effectiveness measure was successively broken down into constituent factors and subfactors, resulting in 111 individual criteria which were used as the basis for quantifying the effectiveness of each viable candidate system on each vessel. The effectiveness attribute data used are also presented. (Author)
- See also Volume 3, Part 1, AD-A061228.
Bradford National Corporation1700 Broadway
New York, NY United States 10019
- Orbach, S
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 367 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Environmental protection; Government vessels; Health; Information processing; Performance; Personnel; Pollution; Safety; Sanitary engineering; Sewage disposal; Sewage treatment; Ships; Waste disposal; Wastewater
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard; United States Coast Guard ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Waste treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Performance engineering; Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage disposal; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190452
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D0-74-77 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-52180-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM