TANKTAINER -- A PORTABLE BULK LIQUID TANK CONTAINER FOR INTERMODAL SERVICE
Description of the "TankTainer," a portable liquid tank container for intermodal service. The TankTainer is designed for transport of bulk commodities in the Marine, Highway, and Railroad modes. It is of monocoque design, utilizing the inherent structural load-carrying capabilities of the cylindrical tank between integral tubular structural end frames.
- Paper presented at ASME Meeting December 10-15, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Mowatt-Larssen, E
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Design; Liquid bulk cargo; Liquid cargo handling; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk liquid containers; Container design; Intermodal containers; Liquid containers; Tank design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N78-WA/RT-10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM