NATIONAL-ECONOMIC EFFECTIVENESS OF RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION AND THE USE OF DIESEL TRACTION
NARODNOKHOZYAISTVENNAYA EFFEKTIVNOST' ELEKTRIFIKATSII ZHELEZNYKH DOROG I PRIMENENIYA TEPLOVOZNOI TYAGI
This book examines the national economic benefits to be derived from railroad electrification and diesel traction. It presents a method for calculating the foreseeable benefits arising from use of modern economic and mathematical tools. It features a comprehensive national economic approach to the electrification of railroads and the allocation of diesel traction in conjunction with other projects in railroad development, technical progress in all modes of transportation, and the introduction of innovations in science and technology. The book is intended for planning, economic, and engineering-technical personnel working the field of railroad transportation.
- Abstract only translated in English. Book available for reference purposes at the Office of R&D, FRA. Contact Technology Planning Officer.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Dmitrier, V A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 262 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Diesel electric locomotives; Economic analysis; Planning; Railroad electrification; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Justification
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00190368
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM