TYPE 2TE116 DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE
This book presents basic technical data on the diesel locomotive. The equipment installed on the locomotive is described and some information is provided on equipment tuning. Primary attention is devoted to the diesel engine, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, auxiliary equipment, electrical systems, and other apparatus. The principles of operation and tuning of the electric transmission are examined in detail. This book is intended for diesel locomotive engineers and their aides and depot employees.
- Abstract only translated in English. Book available for reference purposes at the Office of R&D, FRA. Contact Technology Planning Officer.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Filonov, S P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 320 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel engines; Generators; Motor vehicle bodies; Motors; Propulsion; Technology; Traction; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM