The book contains general information on mainline locomotives, the theoretical aspects of these vehicles, and their design and construction. The authors set forth the technico-economic bases in the choice of the principal parameters of mainline locomotives. They examine the basic parameters of power plants and transmissions, the construction and design of auxiliary systems, body and truck frames and suspensions. The requirements placed on sanitation and hygienic facilities are stated. Sample calculations of traction characteristics are given. This book is intended for the use of engineering and technical personnel of locomotive plants, design bureaus, scientific-research institutions engaged in planning and improvement of locomotives, and also for the engineering-technical personnel of the rail-transport industry.
- Abstract only translated in English. Book available for reference purposes at the Office of R&D, FRA. Contact Technology Planning Officer.
Mashinostroyeniye Publishing HousePervyi Basmannyi Pereulok 3
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 544 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Locomotives; Motor vehicle bodies; Technology; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00190363
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM