OKLAHOMA STATE RAIL PLAN. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This 1978 State Rail Plan is Oklahoma's first official planning document addressing the needs and concerns of the citizens. Its primary focus is on branch lines eligible for funding under Section 803 of the 4R Act. After examining four abandoned lines it was concluded they have lost the traffic base needed to resume viable operation. It is recommended that Section 803 assistance be modified to allow funding for lines before they reach the abandonment stage. Such pre-abandonment assistance should be for rehabilitation of marginal lines. Users, communities, railroads and the State must cooperate in future rail programs.
Oklahoma City, OK USA 73105
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: Oklahoma
- Old TRIS Terms: State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00190310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Oklahoma Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM