SYSTEMS SAFETY ANALYSIS SUBCOMMITTEE. PHASE I FINAL REPORT
This report presents analyses of accident and incident data designed to develop preliminary statistics that place the overall issue of hazardous materials rail transportation more clearly into perspective by comparing rail hazardous material shipments with other rail shipments. Areas that require closer attention are identified. Also included is a discussion of risk analysis and the application of Fault Tree Analysis to the problem of hazardous material releases from tank cars. In addition, countermeasures suggested by various sources, an initial screening of these countermeasures, and a preliminary analysis of the influence of train length on accidents are presented.
- Prepared for the Interindustry Task Force, Rail Transportation of Hazardous Materials.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Crash analysis; Crash risk forecasting; Fault tree analysis; Hazardous materials; Railroad safety; Risk analysis; Risk assessment; Safety; Statistical analysis; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Tank car safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00190308
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR Rpt R-344
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM