A SHIP REPAIR MARKET ASSESSMENT
The changing industrial environment in ship repair--not only in the U.S. but worldwide--has been influencing the shape and size of the U.S. industry. The report is an attempt to review the industrial situation over the last decade to better assess the character of the industry at the present time. It also forecast the potential market for the industry in the next decade and offers some recommendations which would lead to a stronger ship repair environment in the future. The report is oriented more toward market analysis than it is toward describing the mere workings of the industry. Subjects such as facilities utilization, employment, productive efficiency, etc. are covered only as they bear on an understanding of the world and domestic markets for ship repair companies.
- See also "A Ship Repair Market Assessment-Executive Summary, PB-288844. This report was prepared by International Maritime Associates, Incorporated for the U.S. Maritime Administration, Office of Commercial Development.
International Maritime Associates, Incorporated1800 K Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
Bethlehem Steel CorporationKey Highway Yards
Baltimore, MD USA 21230
United States Lines Incorporated1 Broadway
New York, NY USA 10004
- McCaul, J R
- Phillips, S W
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Drydocks; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Market assessment; Market surveys; Planning; Productivity; Repairing; Ships; Shipyard personnel; Shipyards; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs; Ship maintenance; Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock facilities; Market studies; Overhaul planning; Planned maintenance; Repair costs; Shipyard employment
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-79004 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 7-38056
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM