NEW MEXICO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION DIRECTORY
Public transportation providers in New Mexico are composed mainly of three groups: private companies, non-profit organizations, and publicly-owned systems. The purpose of the New Mexico Public Transportation Directory is to acquaint the general public with the accessibility of transportation by bus, van, taxi, and train. This directory is a comprehensive guide to the transportation services available throughout the state, and it represents an effort to provide social service and governmental agencies with a source of reference to aid in determining future needs, developing programs, and to encourage coordination of existing services. The directory includes urban transit companies, Amtrak intercity rail passenger service, taxi companies. Data presented in this directory has been gathered from various individual state and local agencies and is the most accurate information available as of June 1, 1978. The data is arranged according to the State Planning Office Regional Planning Districts; Regional Planning Agencies for each of the seven districts are also listed. Included in this report are maps of Regional Planning Districts, of Amtrak and Intercity Bus Routes, and of Taxicab Companies. /UMTA/
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
New Mexico State Highway DepartmentP.O. Box 1149
Santa Fe, NM USA 87501
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Coordination; Directories; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Seal coats; State government
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00190219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NM-09-8004-79-1Directory
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 26 1981 12:00AM