MASTER PLAN: TRANSPORT SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
The overall objective of the study was to develop a planned approach to solving the mobility problems of persons with special needs-the transportation handicapped. More specific objectives were as follows: identify the characteristics and needs of the group of the transportation handicapped; establish the accessibility difficulties of the existing fixed route MBTA service and develop a planned approach for improvements in order to provide increased mobility for this group; identify other existing transportation resources which provide services to this group and develop a planned approach for alternative specialized service (door-to-door and feeder to fixed route) which addresses the unmet mobility needs of this group; provide meaningful participation of advisory groups throughout the planning process and communicate results to a large public forum; and develop an integrated implementation plan. /Author/
- This report was prepared by Applied Resource Integration Limited under contract No. PD-037 from Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority150 Causeway Street
Boston, MA USA 02114
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 237 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Needs assessment; Paratransit services; Physically handicapped persons; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00190210
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1981 12:00AM