THE USE OF CONFIGURATIONS OF PURCHASE LIKELIHOODS TO PREDICT AUTO PURCHASES. FAULTY WORKING PAPER
Using consumer panel data, this paper explores the extent to which automobile purchases can be predicted by functions containing purchase likelihoods for automobiles and for other durable goods both in the very recent past and going back further. Despite low goodness-of-fit, predictions of auto purchases are found to be quite high when a logit model is employed.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCollege of Commerce and Business Administration
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Liebman, E
- Ferber, R
- Publication Date: 1977-3-10
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Issue Number: 385
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Automobiles; Consumers; Demand; Forecasting; Logits; Purchasing
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00190160
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM