KNOXVILLE METROPOLITAN AREA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION STUDY. PARTS I, II AND APPENDICES
This document outlines a transit development program for shortrange transit improvements in Knoxville-Knox County and encompasses a five year period beginning in 1977. Capital improvements and operating strategies required to meet the public transit mobility needs of the community over the next five years are specifically documented. The recommended public transit service concept and system are based on an analysis of several alternative schemes. Each alternative was evaluated in terms of estimated costs, revenues, and the mobility needs of the population. The primary concern was limited to short-range improvements which could be implemented realistically over a five year period and which would make maximum use of existing facilities and service providers, whether public or private, and established operating concepts.
Knoxville, TN USA 37996-4133
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 522 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital; Costs; Improvements; Needs assessment; Public transit; Revenues; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00190102
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TC 77-015
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TN-002-9601
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1981 12:00AM