EQUILIBRIUM SOLUTIONS TO COMBINED URBAN RESIDENTIAL LOCATION, MODAL CHOICE, AND TRIP ASSIGNMENT MODELS
Urban land use and transportation models have historically incorporated the effects of highway capacity and congestion in a conceptual sense; however, methods for solving these models that satisfy Wardrop's conditions of user-equilibrium have been developed only recently. The application of these convergent equilibrium mehtods to Lowry-type residential location models provides a means for determining the spatial distribution of residential activities which is in equilibrium with multi-model transportation costs.
Regional Science Research Institute3718 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA USA 19104
- Boyce, D E
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Equilibrium (Mechanics); Land use; Location; Mathematical models; Mode choice; Residential areas; Residential location; Trip distribution; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Modal selection
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00190094
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RSRI Disc Paper 98
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1981 12:00AM