TENNESSEE'S OPPORTUNITIES ON ITS WATERWAYS SYSTEM
To an extent this study might be considered as a report of the progress of development of Tennessee's navigable waterways for navigation and industrial use. The analysis is also intended to stimulate interest in future planning and development to take advantage of the opportunities in navigation and industrial use. Throughout the study the researchers sought the cooperation and advice of all agencies and individuals involved in economic planning and development of the State's rivers. The study effort was guided by a Technical Advisory Committee which included representatives from State and Federal agencies concerned with water resource management and development, the private waterways transportation users, and waterways development associations. The report consists of the following seven chapters: (1) Objectives and Scope; (2) Physical Characteristics; (3) River Facilities and Waterway Operations; (4) Economic Development and Benefits; (5) River port Management and Administration; (6) The Role of the Tennessee State Department of Transportation in Waterway Development; and (7) Opportunities for Development and Development Constraints. Appendixes and a list of maps and charts are also included.
- Prepared for Tennessee Department of Transportation and Appalachian Regional Commission.
Memphis State University, MemphisBureau of Business and Economic Research
Memphis, TN United States 38152
309 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, TN United States 37996-4133
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 548 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economic analysis; Economics; Information systems; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Investments; Planning; Port operations; Ports; River ports; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Simulation; Statistics; Transportation planning; Tug ship interaction; User charges; Water traffic; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways economics; Inland waterways transportation; Investment planning; River navigation; River traffic; Tug barge operations; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00190088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Memphis State University, Memphis
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM