MARITIME SUBSIDIES 1978. NINTH EDITION (ANALYSIS)
This is the ninth publication that MarAd has released on the subject of maritime subsidies, and is an update of the 1976 edition. The present volume covers the subsidies and aids of 58 maritime nations. It is organized in a country- by-country breakdown. For each nation listed, the following data are provided: size of merchant fleet (number of vessels and total DWT; breakdown of vessel types--tankers, bulk carriers, freighters, and combination carriers--with percent of vessels and tonnage each type comprises of the total); foreign trade (value of imports and exports; principal commodities and trading partners, imports and exports; GNP and GNP per capita); and government aids (cargo preference; operating subsidy or aid; construction subsidy or aid; tax benefits; loans and interest on loans; depreciation and anticipated depreciation; cabotage; bilateral agreements; investment allowance; customs fees; government ownership; and others).
- Limited copies are also available at the MarAd Office of Public Affairs, Room 3895, Main Commerce Bldg, Washington, D.C. 20230.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- HENDRICKSON, B H
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo preference; Commodities; Construction; Directories; Economic analysis; Exports; Fleet management; Imports; International trade; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Merchant vessels; Operating subsidies; Registers; Statistics; Subsidies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Fleet statistics
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00190070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM