PHYSICAL AND GEOTECHNICAL PROPERTIES OF SOILS
This book presents traditional soil mechanics theory with applications to various geotechnical situations and gives students the background on soil and soil origins necessary for predicting deformation, strength, and flo water in the the soil mass. Contents: Soil properties; Physical and Geological properties, formations of natural soil deposits deposits and ground water; Stresses, strains and rheological concepts; Shear strength of soils; Stress-strain characteristics and stresses at a point; Stability of slopes; etc.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- BOWLES, J E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 448 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Groundwater; Properties of materials; Rheological properties; Shear strength; Slope stability; Soil deposits; Soil mechanics; Soils; Strain (Mechanics); Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil deformation; Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Strains
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00189997
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM