This book deals with the analysis of slopes, discussing the similarities and differences between natural and man-made slopes, and between soil and rock slopes. It studies the choice and use of conventional methods of analysis and their limitations, and the performance of analyses in practice, and the role of progressive failure in particular. New concepts and approaches, both deterministic and probabilistic, are also presented.
- Series: Developments in Geotechnical Engineering, 22.
Maxwell Scientific InternationalMaxwell House, Fairview Park
Elmsford, NY United States 10523
- CHOWDHURY, R N
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 434 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Failure; Mass; Rocks; Slopes; Soils
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rock mass
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00189958
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pergamon Press, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM