REPORT OF THE ARCTIC ICE OBSERVING AND FORECASTING PROGRAM-1970
The report contains a summary of Naval Oceanographic Office and Naval Weather Service ice operations during 1970. Describes operational aspects of obtaining and disseminating ice information and the ice forecasting and observing program. Ice charts including Danish data depict observed synoptic ice conditions throughout the year. Ice conditions interpreted from satellite photographs are included separately. Locations of oceanographic stations occupied in the polar and subpolar regions are included.
Naval Oceanographic OfficeWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 250 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Ice; Operations; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice reporting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00041752
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOO-SP-70(70) Spec Pub
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 19 1973 12:00AM