TRANSPORTATION ENERGY: SUMMARY OF ANALYSES BY NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
This report summarizes a conference in which numerous analyses of transportation energy in New York were discussed. The report summarizes each topic covered and provides key tables and slides from each presentation. The topics include a New York State transportation energy overview; forecasts of gasoline and impacts of price supply and availability; carpooling and trip chaining; intercity passenger travel; transit; public opinions; travel behavior; and assignment-based procedures. The report then covers NYSDOT's work with the NYS Energy Office, including energy savings and energy costs of TSM actions; 55 MPH speed limit and right-turn-on-red; the "carpool coordinator" demonstration; and other policy analyses for SEO. The report concludes by summarizing NYSDOT's current and planned activities in transportation energy analysis. /Authors/
- Proceedings of a One-Day Conference, "Transportation Energy: Show-and-Tell".
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Publication Date: 1978-10-25
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Costs; Energy; Equipment; Forecasting; Gasoline; Impacts; Intercity transportation; Prices; Public opinion; Public transit; Right turn on red; Savings; Speed limits; Supply; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00189827
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1979 12:00AM