SUSPENSION DYNAMICS--VOLUME 2-TRUCK SUSPENSION
This study is a further extension of the Harmonic Roll Series case studies reported on by Track Train Dynamics, Phase I, in Volumes I to IV (R-172, R-173, R-174, and R-184). It is the second part of an extensive parametric study conducted during Track Train Dynamics, Phase II. The first part was reported as Volume I Suspension Dynamics (R-224). The purpose is to aid car and truck designers by showing the effects on roll and bounce performance of changes in various parameters of the car truck system. Computer simulation for a complex parameter study provides an efficient and safe method for identifying performance trends.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Love, R B
- Hussain, SMA
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Critical velocity; Damping (Physics); Dynamic tests; Elasticity (Mechanics); Harmonics; Rocking; Rolling; Simulation; Snubbers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bounce; Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Critical speed; Harmonic roll; Resonant speed; Rock and roll; Wheel lift
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189800
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR Rpt R-350 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM