ALL-UNION CONFERENCE ON THE THEORY OF PLATES AND SHELLS (SELECTED ARTICLES)
Contents: Bending of a thin rectangular cantilever plate by an arbitrarily distributed transverse load; Large bends of a rectangular plate under the action of uniform normal pressure with uneven heating, hydrodynamic forces appearing at a dynamic loss of stability in cylindrical shells immersed in a fluid; Solutions in special functions to problems of nonsymmetric deformation of mildly sloping spherical and conical shells; One method of solving systems of nonlinear finite-difference equations describing the bending of plates; Application of the method of series approximations to the study of large deflections of a circular plate and a very mildly sloping spherical segment; Stability of cylindrical shells immersed in a fluid during short dynamic loads; Dynamic stability of a circular cylindrical shell under the action of a wave impact load; Toward a theory of plates of average thickness.
- Translation by K.L. Doin.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH USA
- Publication Date: 1972-6-23
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Deformation; Dynamic loads; Plates (Engineering); Shells (Structural forms)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate deflections; Shell deformation; Shell theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00041744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HT-23-101-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 19 1973 12:00AM