A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR DETERMINING THE VIBRATION CHARACTERISTICS OF PLATE STRUCTURES
A simplified method is presented for determining the natural frequencies of the simple isotropic plate elements to the more complex cross stiffened or orthotropic plates, for various types of boundary conditions. In addition, formulas for determining the effect of water on the vibration characteristics of these plates are given. The application of these various techniques and procedures for design are illustrated.
- Paper presented at SNAME (Gulf Section) Spring Meeting and Star Symposium: Merchant & Naval Design, The Past in Review The Future in Forecast, Houston, April 25-28, 1979.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Schaefer, E D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Damping (Physics); Dynamic loads; Hulls; Loads; Natural frequency; Plates (Engineering); Structural analysis; Structural mechanics; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Natural frequencies; Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Bending loads; Hull response; Hull vibration; Plate vibration; Structural plates; Structural vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00189647
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM