IDENTIFICATION OF STUDIES NEEDED TO DETERMINE THE FEASIBILITY OF AN OFFSHORE PORT
A study has been made to determine the specific requirements for establishing the feasibility and economics of an offshore port in the Texas Gulf Region. Consideration is given to ship sizes and existing port capabilities. It is noted that studies are needed in five areas: socio-economic, engineering and environment, legal, site location, and port management.
- Also available in Proceedings of Annual Offshore Technology Conference (4th) Houston, Texas, 1-3 May 1972, OTC paper #1643.
Texas A&M University, College StationCollege Station, TX USA 77840
- Bragg, D M
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Port operations; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm description and plans
- Subject Areas: Economics; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00041733
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOAA-72090829
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GH-101
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 19 1974 12:00AM