FLUCTUATION ERRORS IN AUTOMATIC TRACKING OF THE TIME POSITION OF A PERIODIC PULSE SIGNAL
The author discusses fluctuation errors of pulse tracking systems in radar and radio navigation devices caused by noises which arrive at the tracking system input together with the useful signal. These errors depend not only on the signal to noise ratio in the given frequency band, but also on the shape of the signal and the noise characteristics, and on the method of time discrimination of the signal. Formulas are derived for the most typical methods which can be used to evaluate their resistance to interference and to determine the dispersion of fluctuations.
- Translation by B.L. Tauber.
Wright-Patterson Air Force BaseForeign Technology Division
Dayton, OH USA
- Zhilin, V A
- Publication Date: 1972-8-4
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Error analysis; Position fixing; Radio navigation; Tracking systems; Voyage management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic ship positioning; Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00041731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-MT-24-212-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 19 1973 12:00AM