RO/RO 78 PROCEEDINGS
The Conference was divided into three main sessions. The titles of individual papers follow each session heading. (1) SHIP OPERATIONS AND DESIGN: Australia's Contribution to the Development of the Ro-Ro Concept in the Pacific Region, The Con-Ro Ship; Concept, Construction and Operation, Latin America and Intermodal Transport: Current Situation and Potential, Overtonnaging in the Ro-Ro Sector-a Fear or a Fact?, Ro-Ro's Long Term Middle East Role, Shipowner's Panel Session, Special Ro-Ro's for Semi-bulks, The Development of Design Parameters of a Multi-Purpose Ro-Ro Ship, Contribution of the International Road Transport Union (IRU) to aspects of Through-Transport, The Third Generation of Deep-Sea Ro-Ro's. RO-RO TERMINALS SESSION OPENING REMARKS: The Application of Ro-Ro in Meeting Diverse Traffic Needs within Resources Limited by Trade Volumes, International Standardisation of Roll-on/Roll-off ship-to-shore connection, Maintaining a High Productivity Rate when Handling Different Types of Ro-Ro Cargoes, A single-berth Solution for Deep-Sea and Short-Sea Ro-Ro Traffic, A Comparison of Ro-Ro and Lo-Lo Terminal Costs. SAFETY AND SECURING SESSION: Classification Society Regulations and Roll-on/Roll-off Ships, Roll Stabilisation, Heel and Trim Control Systems for Ro-Ro Vessels, Ventilation of Cargo Spaces on Ro-Ro Ships, Hazardous Cargo in Unit Ro-Ro Loads, Ro-Ro Lashings-Current and Future Developments.
- Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Marine Transport using Roll-on/Roll-off Methods Congress Centrum, Hamburg 4-6 July 1979. Cloth-bound, 268 pages, price $85.00 inclusive of surface mail.
BML Business Meetings Limitd2 Station Road
Rickmansworth, Herts WD3 1QP, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 268 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Hazardous materials; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Lashing; Port operations; Productivity; Roll on roll off shipping; Roll on roll off ships; Ships; Transportation; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Classification societies
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo lashing; Cargo ventilation; Hazardous materials transportation; Lo/lo ships; Multipurpose ships; Roll stabilization; Ship descriptions (Ro/ro)
- Subject Areas: Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00189440
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: BML Business Meetings Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM