DESIGN DATA AND TRENDS OF CURVED BRIDGES
The purpose of this report is to present a summary of design data used for determining the stress distribution in curved girder bridge systems. This data is divided into two categories, depending on the bridge type, i.e., 1) Curved I Girders, 2) Curved Box Girders. The resulting data permits rapid evaluation of induced forces and diaphragm requirements. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by the Maryland Department of Transportation. Prepared in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Study title: Curved Box and I-type Girders.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD USA 20742
- Heins, C P
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Biology; Box girders; Bridge design; Bridges; Curved bridges; Diaphragms (Engineering); I beams; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Curved box girders
- Old TRIS Terms: Diaphragms
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00189366
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-MD-R-78-10 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Aw-76-133-46
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1979 12:00AM