SKEWED MULTI-BEAM BRIDGES WITH PRECAST BOX GIRDERS
The research completed under this project demonstrates the reduction in required design moment that can be achieved by consideration of the skew angle and aspect ratio of a multi-beam bridge. It is primarily directed toward precast multi-beam box bridges of the type currently built in Texas. Other similar multi-beam or solid slab structures with simple spans can also be handled. A data generator computer input assist was written which provides the data for a previously developed program so that accurate solutions can be obtained with a minimum of input. A field load test was performed on a full-scale skewed bridge. Comparison of the measured values with those predicted by the analysis methods was good. /Author/
- Sponsored by the TSDHPT Transportation Planning Division. Prepared in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration. Research study title: "Wheel Load Distribution for Precast Multi-Beam Box Girders".
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspBridge Division, 11th and Brazos Streets
Austin, TX United States 78701
- Panak, J J
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Box beams; Box girders; Bridge design; Bridges; Computer programs; Load tests; Skew bridges; Slabs; Structural design
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00189236
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWATZ77206-1F Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1-5-76-206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1979 12:00AM