HIDDEN SUICIDE IN ROAD TRAFFIC

DER LARVIERTE SUIZID IM STRASSENVERKEHR

It appears from international traffic statistics that approximately 10% of the total population are responsible for 80%-90% of those accidents arising from human behaviour. This suggests that definite personality traits are risk factors for involvement in traffic accidents. Human behaviour in traffic is thus interpreted as an expression of an abnormal attitude in the analytical sense and discussed as the result of mainly unconscious self-destructive tendencies. Parallel to these auto-destructive personality traits - not only suicide-threatened and psychosomatic patients were seen as typical and pathognomic, but also as fitting in with a wide range of characteristics of our society orientated towards "having", possessions, safety and security seeking. The authors finally report on the resulting total human concept involved in the identification and solution of the problems of road traffic danger. /TRRL/

  • Supplemental Notes:
    • From the Third International Traffic and Driver Medical Conference.
  • Corporate Authors:

    Aerztliche Kraftfahrvereinigung Oesterreichs

    Weihburggase 10-12
    Vienna,   Austria 
  • Authors:
    • Pakesch, E
    • Pieringer, W
  • Publication Date: 1977-11

Language

  • German

Media Info

  • Pagination: 37 p.

Subject/Index Terms

Filing Info

  • Accession Number: 00189141
  • Record Type: Publication
  • Source Agency: Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen (BASt)
  • Files: ITRD, TRIS
  • Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM