TRANSPORTATION LINES ON THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER SYSTEM AND GULF INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY
An inventroy of U.S. commercial shipping vessels used on the Mississippi River System and the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway is available from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The inventory includes tables which list operating companies, vessels operated by each company and the type of service, principal commodities carried and the waterways on which the companies operate, as of October 1, 1977. The inventory does not include ferries, recreational boats and floating equipment such as dredges and piledrivers. Information for the Transportation Series is based on data provided by operators which is then compiled and published by the Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center of the Corps' Lower Mississippi Valley Division.
- Copies of the 1977 edition of Transportation Series 4 may be purchased for $2.25 each from the U.S. Army Engineer District, New Orleans.
New Orleans, LA USA 70160
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 305 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Directories; Merchant vessels; Registers; Rivers; Shipping; Statistics; Transportation; Water traffic; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; River traffic; Shipping industries; Shipping statistics; Transportation statistics; Waterway transportation; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00189121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Waterways Operators, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM