IEEE TECHNICAL PAPERS PRESENTED AT THE JOINT ASME/IEEE/AAR RAILROAD CONFERENCE, 1978
This publication contains the seven IEEE papers from the Conference. The subjects discussed include the technical feasibility of high-voltage dc electrification, research for developing a universal signal and train control system for U. S. railroads, the impact of electromagnetic interference on railroad classification yards, new electric locomotives for Taiwan, computer control and computer assisted dispatching, and regenerative braking as a means of energy conservation. The seven papers are indexed separately.
- Joint ASME IEEE AAR Railroad Conference, St Paul, Minnesota, April 11-13, 1978. Contains the following RRIS Citations: 06 173787, 13 173788, 04 173789, 06b 173790, 06 173791, 06 173792 and 13 173793 in RRIS Bulletin 7802.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Control systems; Electric locomotives; Electric railroads; Railroad electrification; Railroad signaling; Railroad signals; Railroad yards; Railroads; Signaling; Traffic control; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotives (Electric); Yard control systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188998
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n 78CH1345-8 IA Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM