I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT. UMTA PROJECT EVALUATION SERIES. PHASE I (REPORTS I-1 TO I-9)
The UMTA Project Evaluation Series evaluates a three and a half year demonstration project in Miami, Florida, established in 1973 to develop more efficient people-moving capabilities in the I-95/NW 7th Avenue corridor. Phase I of this project involved the implementation and evaluation of several bus priority techniques on NW 7th Avenue; Phase II involved the implementation and evaluation of a reserved bus car pool lane in each direction of Interstate 95 (I-95). Phase I of this evaluation project consists of nine separate reports: Report I-1 "Evaluation of the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus System and Bus Priority Systems"; Report I-2 "Effects of NW/7th Avenue Bus Priority Systems on Bus Travel Times and Schedule Variability"; Report I-3 "Changes in Transit Operational Characteristics on the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus System"; Report I-4 "Modal Shift Achieved on the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus System"; Report I-5 "Effect of the Park'n'Ride Facility on Usage of the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus System"; Report I-6 "Effects of NW 7th Avenue Traffic Stream Flow and Passenger Movements"; Report I-7 "Evaluation of Characteristics of Users and Non-Users of the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus/Car Pool System"; Report I-8 "Effect of Bus Priority Systems Operation on Performance of Traffic Signal Control Equipment on NW 7th Avenue"; and Report I-9 "Economic Viability of the NW 7th Avenue Express Bus Operation." /UMTA/
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Phase I includes nine reports numbered consecutively UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-1 thru UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-9, and may be ordered through NTIS as PB-291137 thru PB-291145 respectively.
University of Florida, GainesvilleEngineering and Industrial Experiment Station
Gainesville, FL USA 32611
- Wattleworth, J A
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 1161 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus priority; Carpools; Economic factors; Express buses; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Modal split; Traffic flow; Traffic lanes; Traffic signal controllers; Travel time
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic considerations; Reserved lanes; User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1981 12:00AM