I-95/NW 7TH AVENUE BUS/CAR POOL SYSTEMS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT. UMTA PROJECT EVALUATION SERIES. PHASE II (REPORTS II-1 TO II-4)
The UMTA Project Evaluation Series evaluates a three and a half year demonstration project in Miami, Florida, established in 1973 to develop more efficient people-moving capabilities in the I-95/NW 7th Avenue corridor. The basic transit concept of this Project was to provide fast, line haul service with express buses operating between a major residential area (market area) and four specific areas of employment concentration (service areas). Phase I of this project involved the implementation and evaluation of a reserved bus carpool lane in each direction of Interstate 95 (I-95). Express bus operations on the new priority lanes on I-95 in March 1976 constitute Phase II of this project. Phase II is presented in four separate reports: Report II-1 "Evaluation of the I-95 Express Bus and High Occupancy Vehicle Priority Systems," Report II-2 "Evaluation of the Effects of the I-95 Exclusive Bus/Car Pool Lane Priority System on Vehicular and Passenger Movements," Report II-3 "Evaluation of the Effects of the I-95 Bus/Car Pool System." This report, Report II-1, presents a summary of the evaluation of Phase II of the project, and it consists of the evaluation of the effect of the exclusive bus/car pool lanes on the I-95, Golden Glades Park'nRide facility, and a direct flyover connector between the facility and the reserved lanes on I-95. /UMTA/
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. Phase II includes four reports numbered consecutively UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-10 thru UMTA-FL-06-0006-78-13, and may be ordered through NTIS as PB-291146 thru PB-291149 respectively.
University of Florida, GainesvilleTransportation Research Center, P.O. Box 116580
Gainesville, FL United States 32611-6580
- Wattleworth, J A
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 511 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus priority; Carpools; Express buses; High occupancy vehicle lanes; Traffic lanes
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved lanes; User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188978
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-06-0006-78 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1981 12:00AM