OPPORTUNITIES FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION IN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
This report is a summary, based primarily on a literature review, of the energy-savings potential of the elments in the transportation planning process and systems management. Within the scope of long-range planning, the energy aspects of land use and mode of transportation were investigated, whereas for the short range the energy potential of the various transportation systems management strategies were considered. The role of the Virginia Department of Highways and Transportation in energy-saving activities was also considered. The report should be of value to transportation planners and traffic engineers as an overview of the energy-use characteristics of activities within transportation planning and systems management and as a resource document for detailed energy analyses. /FHWA/
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by the Virginia Division of the Federal Highway Administration.
Virginia Highway and Transportation Research CouncilCharlottesville, VA United States
- Arnold Jr, E D
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Conservation; Energy; Reviews; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Informal
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00188973
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-VA-79-R24 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1460
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1979 12:00AM