TESTING AND APPLICATION OF HIGH EFFICIENCY VERSUS CONVENTIONAL MOTORS IN TIRE CORD RING TWISTING
Rising energy cost coupled with a tight supply situation dictated a program for reducing energy consumption at Uniroyal. One phase of this program compared the performance of motors of the new high efficiency design with those motors that were currently driving tire cord ring twisters. This paper discusses the investigation, results and decisions that followed. It gives a description of ring twisting equipment, description of the motor testing program and equipment used, results of the testing program, selection of new motors, and planned future studies.
- From the Annual IEEE Textile Industry Technology Conference, Atlanta, April 20-21, 1978.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Becht, K H
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic efficiency; Energy; Equipment; Manufactures; Manufacturing; Motors; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Cat No. 78CH1334-21AConf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM