MARITIME INFORMATION SOURCES: A GUIDE TO CURRENT STATISTICAL DATA. 2ND EDITION
The Guide is divided into 14 broad subject areas: Ports and Terminals; Maritime Economics; Commercial Vessel Construction and Repair; Commercial Vessel Characteristics; Commercial Vessel Movements; Commercial Vessel Casualties; Government Vessel Construction and Repair; Government Vessel Characteristics; Cargo Movements and Trade Routes; Labor and Management--General Employment; Labor and Management--Unions and Trade Associations; Labor and Management--Personnel Casualties; Government Personnel; and Inland Waterways. The sections contain entries for publications, data bases, and organizations that provide statistical information related to maritime transportation. Each entry includes the name of the document, data base, or organization; an abstract that gives a narrative summary of the types of statistics to be found in a publication, or of the elements in a data base; the name(s) of author(s) of a publication; the name and address of the publisher or agency or firm operating a data base or otherwise providing data to the public; the number of pages, volume number, and date of publication, where applicable; the name and address of the document center, i.e., where to obtain copies of a publication or price and subscription information; and the published report number, if any. There are cross references for entries that are relevant to more than one subject area. Included also are an alphabetical list of titles and a detailed subject index.
- Order from Maritime Research Information Service MRIS No. 188830. This is a report of work supported by the Departments of Commerce, Defense and Transportation under provisions of Contract N00014-75-C-0711 between the National Academy of Sciences and the Office of Naval Research. Price: $15.00.
Maritime Transportation Research BoardNational Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Hamrick, M C
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 115 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Freight transportation; Information systems; Inland waterways; Labor; Labor unions; Market surveys; Personnel; Ports; Repairing; Ship motion; Shipbuilding; Ships; Statistics; Trade routes; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Casualty data; Maritime information systems; Market studies; Personnel statistics; Port statistics; Ship characteristics; Ship movements; Trade route statistics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Transportation Research Board
- Contract Numbers: N00014-75-C-0711
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM