A NEW OPTIMALITY CRITERION METHOD FOR LARGE SCALE STRUCTURES
An optimality criterion method, which exploits the concept of one most critical constraint, is reported. The method eliminates the need to calculate a large set of Lagrange multipliers for the active constraints, and also eliminates the need for a decision as to whether or not a particular constraint should be considered active. The method can treat multiple load conditions and stress and displacement constraints. Application of the method to a number of truss and frame structures demonstrates the efficiency and accuracy of the method.
- Paper presented at the AIAA/ASME 19th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, Bethesda, Md., April 3-5, 1978. Copied with permission of AIAA.
Clarkson College of TechnologyDepartment of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Potsdam, NY USA 13676
- Khan, M R
- Willmert, K D
- Thornton, W A
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Linear programming; Loads; Optimization; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00188809
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Clarkson College of Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIE-048 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0064
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM