BULK CARGO CONFERENCE
This is the first general Conference on a broad range of bulk subjects ever held in the U.S. The 22 papers by some of the world's top bulk cargo specialists provide an overview of major areas of current activity. At the same time, this Conference fills a void in communications on the subject of bulk cargo handling in the U.S., despite the fact that these cargos form a key part of the economy. The titles of the papers are: Recent Advances in Bulk Terminal Technology, Economics of Offshore Oil Terminals, Offshore LNG Terminal Requirements, Dust Hazards in Grain Handling, Hazards of Bulk Cargoes Which Shift or Fluidize, The Transportation of Bulk Commodities in Barge Carriers, Containerization and Bulk Cargo, Banana Handling, Forest Products Handling, Newsprint, The Role of Cargo Handling in the Determining Trade Patterns, Bulk Cargo Handling, Environmental Planning & Permitting Requirements for Bulk Handling Terminals, Slurry Systems, Handling Problems, Handling & Storage Damage to Grain, Handling Hawaiian Raw Sugar from bags to Bulk, Continuous Unloaders, Bulk Materials Equipment, The Users Point of View, High-Volume Chip Handling in Ocean Vessels, Enclosed Mechanical Unloading Using Screw Conveyors, Bulk Material Handling With Rotary Railroad Car Dumper and Train Indexing Equipment, The Mining & Transportation of Western Coal.
- Papers presented at ICHCA/USA Bulk Cargo Conference, New York City, November 13-15, 1978.
International Cargo Handling Coordination Assnc/o ITO, 17 Battery Place
New York, NY United States 10004
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Bulk carriers; Coal; Coal industry; Containers; Forest products; Freight traffic; Grain; Hazard evaluation; Liquefied natural gas; LNG terminals; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals; Materials management; Offshore terminals; Oils; Slurry; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Bulk containers; Bulk grain; Bulk oil handling; Bulk trade flows; Bulk unloading systems; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188798
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM