ARIZONA STATE AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN. TECHNICAL SUPPLEMENT
This Technical Supplement is part of the Arizona State Airport System Plan and provides a variety of information on the 59 airports included on the Primary State Airport System. These airports include five air carrier airports, two commuter airports, six reliever airports, and forty-six general aviation airports. Three types of information are presented in this Technical Supplement: (1) description of airport facilities, (2) description of associated communities, and (3) airport improvement needs. The description of each associated community includes information on weather, economic activities, total population, transportation services, and taxes. A list of potential improvement needs for each airport was derived through the application of development standards, comparisons of airport capacity and forecasts, an analysis of preservation needs, and a review of airport master plans and the five-year Airport Development Programs. The cost of the improvements were then calculated and reviewed for accuracy by local airport sponsors. These improvements were identified for the short term (1979-1983), intermediate term (1984-1990), and long term (1991-2000) plan periods. Needs considered include: Runways; Taxiways; Hangars and aircraft parking facilities; Lighting; Navigational aids; Airport services; Parking facilities; and Land acquisition.
Arizona Department of Transportation206 South 17th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ USA 85007
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 472 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; Demand; Economic forecasting; Land use planning; Policy; Regional planning; States; Systems analysis; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Arizona
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; State airport system plans; State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Policy; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00188772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arizona Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM