FORECAST OF SEABORNE IMPORTS INTO THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA 1979-1990
This forecast of seaborne imports into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is based on past imports, estimated requirements for various commodities, estimated distribution of population and estimated domestic production in the future years. The forecast model is based on growth rates of imports during the years 1970 through 1977 for various commodity groups with estimations being made of certain ceilings to reflect the limits to absorptive capacity for various commodity groups. The study relates only to ports under the control of the Saudi Arabian Ports Authority.
- Paper prepared for Saudi Arabian Ports Authority. Presented at Arab Ports Conference, London, July 27-28, 1978. Copies of the original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 0.50 pounds to members and 2.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
HPS Hanseatic Port System,
PLANCO Consulting GmbHHorner Weg 22
D-2000 Hamburg 26, Germany
- Schmidt-Pathmann, W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic forecasting; Imports; Market surveys; Port operations; Productivity; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM