REVIEW OF MARITIME TRANSPORT, 1977
This document opens with a survey of port developments and trends based on published data for 1976 and the replies to a questionnaire sent to 194 ports all over the world. Information is given on selected ports for 1977, namely numbers of berths of different types and space for cargo storage. Demand for port services is examined with two tables summarizing information on container traffic, (again based on the U.N.C.T.A.D. questionnaire). Developments in inland ports and waterways are specially mentioned and there is a table listing a number of improvements being undertaken on certain important waterways. In Section C "Supply of Port Services", a list of port developments in various countries is given and there is also a table showing a full list of the port development loans granted by I.B.R.D. and I.D.A. in 1976/77. Port congestion is dealt with in the next section, "Adequacy of Port Services", and in the next Chapter, "Other Developments" there are sections on A. "Code of Conduct for Liner Conferences",; B. "Joint Ventures Involving Developing Countries", and C. "The Suez Canal.
- Report of the U.N.C.T.A.D. Secretariat, Chapters vi and vii only. Copies of original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 0.50 pounds to members and 2.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
United NationsConference on Trade and Development, Palais des Nations, B-14 Avenue de al Paix
1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
- Publication Date: 1978-5-26
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Berth utilization; Container traffic; Development; Directories; Inland waterways; Port congestion; Port operations; Ports; Shipping conferences; Statistics; Surveys
- Identifier Terms: Suez Canal
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference operations; Port statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00188759
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM