GERMANISCHER LLOYD, REGULATIONS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION, REPAIR AND TESTING OF FREIGHT CONTAINERS
The first section relates to general regulations and guidance, with subsections on general test conditions, types of tests, construction characteristics, materials, jointing methods, marking and documentation. Section 2 refers to requirements and tests for I.S.O. general cargo containers, while sections 3 and 4 list requirements, construction and testing of thermal and tank containers respectively. Repairs of containers are dealt with in section 5. Appendix 1 contains three tables relating to weights, measurements and tolerances, types of tests and repeat tests. There are also figures showing standard corner fittings, a gooseneck tunnel, fork lift pockets, lifting edges, load-transferring (contact) areas in base structures and, lastly, the number and location of transverse members. Appendix 2 refers to stamp. Labels and certificate forms and a list is given in Appendix 3 of the most important standards for container construction.
- Copies of original material available to members at a cost of 0.15 pounds per page, and to non-members at 0.30 pounds per page to include postage. There will be a minimum charge of 0.50 pounds to members and 2.00 pounds to non-members for this service.
Germanischer Lloyd86 Neuer Wall
D-2000 Hamburg 36, Germany
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Certification; Container handling; Container traffic; Containers; Equipment tests; Industrial materials; Marking materials; Repairing; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Container certification; Container construction materials; Container marking; Container repair; Container standards; Container testing; Containerized freight
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM