BULK CARRIERS AND ORE CARRIERS--PRESENT AND FUTURE
The Author discusses the present and future prospects for bulk carriers and ore carriers. Reference is also made to dual-purpose ships such as OBO carriers (ore/bulk oil) and 00 carriers (ore/oil). The different types of bulk cargo carried are reviewed together with data on quantities and destination. Figures on tonnage of the world fleet are given to July 1977. Order from BSRA as No. 49,533.
- Presented at 8th Colloquium on Exploitation of the Oceans, held in Paris, February 1-3 1978. This paper is available in English as BSRA Translation No. 4060.
Assn Scientifique & Tech pour l'Exploit des oceans19 avenue President Wilson
75016 Paris, France
- Le Cam, M R
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Fleet management; Ore bulk oil carriers; Ore carriers; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk cargo statistics; Fleet statistics; Obos; Ore/oil carriers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 1c
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM