TEXAS WATERBORNE COMMERCE COMMODITY FLOW STATISTICS
This study examines the commodity mix moving through Texas ports. Data are developed on flow patterns of commodities entering and leaving Texas. Major areas on the inland waterway system which originate and terminate commodities shipped or received at Texas ports are identified. Primary commodity groups which move through Texas ports in foreign, coastwise, and internal trade are specified. A relationship between Texas waterborne commerce and employment in selected S.I.C. categories is developed in this study.
Texas A&M University, College StationCollege Station, TX USA 77840
- Lamkin, J T
- Lowery, W R
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Exports; Freight transportation; Imports; Inland waterways traffic; International trade; Marine transit; Market surveys; Port operations; Ports; Shipping; Statistics; Surveys; Trade
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow
- Geographic Terms: Gulf of Mexico; Texas; Texas Gulf Coast
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Market studies; Port surveys; Waterborne trade
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041545
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 19 1978 12:00AM