RAIL SYSTEM INVESTMENT ANALYSIS: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS OF INVESTMENT PROJECTS FROM THE INDIVIDUAL CORPORATE PERSPECTIVE
This document reports the results of financial analyses of 63 investment opportunities based on information supplied by 13 railroads. The report discusses financial analysis methodology, the composition of railroad capital budgets, the relative attractiveness of different kinds of railroad investments, the sensitivity of the financial analyses to changes in key assumptions, and institutional factors affecting the attractiveness of railroad investments.
- Prepared in cooperation with R.L. Banks & Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
Ernst and Ernst1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Asst Secretary for Policy & International Affairs400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 321 p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Capital investments; Economic analysis; Finance; Management; Policy; Return on investment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188698
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TPI-10-78-34
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60097
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM