RAIL SYSTEM INVESTMENT ANALYSIS: LITERATURE SEARCH
This document reviews the recent literature dealing with the analysis of railroad capital investments for freight transportation. The primary emphasis is on project evaluation from the corporate, rather than the public, perspective. The document includes an annotated bibliography with 81 entries, summaries of some of the most useful sources found, and general observations.
- Prepared in cooperation with R.L. Banks & Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
Ernst and Ernst1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefit cost analysis; Bibliographies; Capital investments; Costs; Depreciation; Forecasting; Freight service; Freight traffic; Industry structure; Life cycle costing; Management; Policy; Project management; Quality of service; Return on investment; Taxation; Traffic forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Management policies; Project analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188696
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TPI-10-78-32
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60097
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM