TEST TRAIN PROGRAM NINTH PROGRESS REPORT
This report describes progress on the Engineering and Test Support Services for Railroad Instrumentation, Data Acquisition, Processing and Evaluation Program from 1 July 1976 through 30 June 1977. The report covers operation of the FRA track geometry measurement and data acquistion fleet, track survey operations and vehicle dynamic tests on lightweight flat cars, DOD cars, passenger cars and locomotives. Also, the report describes test activities on the Facility for Accelerated Service Testing, aerodynamic validation, track structures, vehicle vibration and ride quality, trailer-on-a-flat-car combinations; and investigations of the automated wayside inspection station concept.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, Washington, D.C. This report is intended for use by management and technical personnel concerned with accomplishments in railroad engineering.
ENSCO, IncorporatedEngineering Test and Analysis Division
Alexandria, VA USA 22303
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction scheduling; Data collection; Drag; Freight cars; Information processing; Inspection; Inspection cars; Instrumentation; Locomotives; Measurement; Piggyback transportation; Railroad facilities; Railroad tracks; Ride quality; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Fast track; Six axle locomotives; Track geometry measurement; Track response investigations; Wayside
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188686
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/23, DOT-FR-78-06
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64113
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM